Saturday, August 9, 2014

DIY Jungle themed clock for baby's nursery tutorial

When I was cleaning up the office to turn it into the nursery, I came across an old clock that we had. My friends were coming to see me that afternoon with their babies. I figured I would give it to them instead of throwing it out.

When I offered the clock, they said... No no no! A clock is a must have in a nursery! 
A- while nursing you can see how long you've been nursing
B- you know what time you started nursing
C- the ticking sound of the clock soothes the baby because it reminds him of the mother's heart beat   

Couple of days later, my friend and I went on a road trip to Micheal's which just opened in a town nearby. I obviously didn't have anything to buy, but when I saw the little jungle themed stickers, I just couldn't resist. I decided to use them to make a jungle themed clock!

Step 1 - choose a design 



Step 2 - choose the best background 


Step 3 -  cut out a circle which will fit in the clock. You will need to cut a straight line from the bottom all the way to the middle of the circle and then punch a hole in the middle to let the clock's needle through. 

Step 4 - glue or tape the circle on the bottom of the clock. Then glue the motifs and numbers. You will need to glue something over the line to cover it. You can even use letters to personalize your clock with you child's name. 

Step 5 - assemble the clock and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment