Saturday, August 9, 2014

Diamond vest for toddler

made this diamond vest for my godson Arthur. Arthur's mom showed me how to knit so I HAD to knit him something! I decided to go with a vest because
A- vests don't have sleeves making them easier and faster to knit
B- I love the preppy look!
So I wanted to do a quick project for Christmas so I decided to ditch my favourite stitch - the cables - and go for for this pattern. Unfortunately I had forgotten how intarsia (color knitting) can be frustrating! Juggling so many colours is really tricky because the yarn always gets tangled up.
Anyways, I ended up finishing the vest in February and Arthur was just happy to get a random Christmas gift in February!

The pattern is from Knit Jane Knit but it it is only availed free on Ravelry. I will definitely have to write a future post on why Ravelry is a knitter's best friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment